Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Google Zeitgeist

Mark Elrod (I always want to type "Mark Aelrod") posted about Google Zeitgeist earlier today. He just looked at the top searches in 2006, but he seemed to miss some interesting things in the other ratings:

The "where is list":

1. where is togo
2. where is matt
3. where is torino
4. where is darfur
5. where is villanova
6. where is montenegro
7. where is angola
8. where is .com au
9. where is palestine
10. where dubai

Well you can all stop searching. I'm right here.

(BTW, this is probably what they were looking for.)

(Also interesting: For those of you who know my last name, you can search for "where is matt lastname" and find an amazon list that is NOT mine, but looks suspiciously me-ish. If you search for "matthew blog" you will find on page 2 a blog about Matthew at Harding. Also not me.)

2 comments:

crystal said...

If someone was to google my name, they'd find out I'm a famous softball player ... not! :-)

Richard Beck said...

If you google "Richard Beck" you often hit the made for TV movie "The Rape of Richard Beck" which came out my senior year of high school. My friends just loved to remind me about this. Ah, high school...