Thursday, October 26, 2006

Confession 2

Background:
Sometimes, crafty church gnomes place blatantly partisan literature in our church foyer. The latest brochure was a glossy little voting guide, but the local, jingoistic, "christian" "newspaper" makes regular appearances as well.

Confession:
When nobody's looking, I extract the newspapers from the foyer, and add them to a neat little stack in the utility closet.

Underhanded, I know, but I figure this causes fewer problems than demanding equal space for a stack of Planned Parenthood brochures.

10 comments:

Casey. said...

I once did that with the "Why we believe in Capital Punishment" pamphlets at my grandmother's church. I read them, giggle/shuddered at their logic, and stuffed them in the trunk of my car. Fight the Power!

a wee little man said...

iT iS YOU i Have been looking for those. i need paper to pack things in my house with. so which closet are they in now?

Matthew said...

Actually, now that I think about it, they're in the coat closet, not the utility closet. =)

Agent B said...

Is that paper "The Way"?

Man...I don't like that paper.

Matthew said...

Ah, Agent B! I see you've also read "The Way".

Bleh.

Agent B said...

Yeah...I never got the purpose of The Way.

I think it's to promote church culture amongst itself and give themselves a pat on the back.

So it goes...

Matthew said...

Purpose... I never thought it might have a purpose.

Maybe it's a stalwart, high-quality alternative to the darned Liberal Media?

Maybe it puts yummy church advertising dollars in someone's pocket?

Maybe?

Anonymous said...

Put those back. I need the money to buy food.

Anonymous said...

But alas! Someone had absconded with your absconded goods this weekend, hadn't they?

Romeo Morningwood said...

With so many people coming out of the closet these days there will be a lot more room to hide those brochures.
Good for you!