Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some Philosophy-Slash-Literary Junk

In case any of you want to participate, Alex and I are reading through Thomas Campbell's The Hero with a Thousand Faces and discussing it over on another blogspot blog. We're only a chapter or so in, so you could even read along with us if you wanted.

We may get tired of the blog and abandon it after a few sections, leaving you forever anxious about WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS WHEN THE WORLD TREE MEETS THE WORLD NAVEL, but those are the kind of risks you take when you follow us around.

2 comments:

SteveA said...

J. Campbell's Myths to Live By came into my life around Thanksgiving Weekend of 1986. It was what I needed badly and helped me out a lot. Next I consumed the 4-part Masks of God and other writings. Made it part way through Hero. Maybe time to resume. I look forward to what you have to say.

Matthew said...

Hey, Steve! Good to hear from you.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but I have to apologize in advance because my writing muscles have really atrophied. I think reading my stuff is going to be rough going for a while. Bear with me, please. =)